Italian Zucchini Salad
Inspiralized Recipe Review #6: Italian Zucchini Salad
You will not miss pasta at all in this delicious “pasta” salad. The crisp zucchini noodles (aka zoodles) marinate beautifully with the vinaigrette, artichoke hearts, zucchini, tomatoes, and black olives. It tastes great if you eat it right after you make it and it tastes even better after it has a chance to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours.
I served the Italian Zucchini Salad to my omnivore parents and sisters and they thought it was so delicious that they asked for the recipe. Because I absolutely love this recipe and I have only heard great feedback after serving it, I have decided to share the recipe with you. To be fair, the original recipe contained cheese and salami but you will not miss those ingredients!
Italian Zucchini Salad Ratings:
Did my toddlers like it? One out of two liked it.
Was it worth my time? Yes!
Will I make it again? Yes!
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
The basics of this recipe can be found below and the original be found on page 164 of Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals
- 3 zucchini
- 1-2 diced tomatoes or 1 package halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar artichoke hearts
- 1 can black olives
- 1/2 small red onion sliced (optional)
- 3 tablesspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spiralize zucchini into thin noodles.
- Roughly chop the zoodles so the strands are not to long
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for a few hours
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase an item through these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Newly Plant Based!)